Numbers Surrounding The Live Video Content
Technology always amazes the population with its everlasting potential. It is all due to the developments coming in the technology, live streaming has become easier and stronger than before. It is now no longer a thing to get amazed with. Years have highlighted the huge potential in the sphere. The popularity of live content in the entertainment industry has been more often linked with the gaming arena. Here the leading platforms are accumulating around 8.2 billion hours of content in the third quarter of last year. At the same time, if we talk about the entertainment sector, live streaming has brought opportunities for the performers even during the pandemic. Live video content is typically the video content available on the internet. It is a little different from the content that is recorded beforehand.
Live Video Content And Its Different Sectors
Live video streaming content is not a novelty now and past years have highlighted the potential of these video streaming platforms. In the entertainment sector, the popularity of live streaming is all linked with the gaming world. The platforms have not only got popularity with the streaming of sports events but are also promoted in the event sphere. The possibility to broadcast live concerts over the internet has leveraged the performers to perform even during the global pandemic.
Statistics About Live Streaming Services
Experts from the live streaming industry predict that live video content will make a major portion of the growth of video streaming in the future. Live breaking news, sports, and major live events have increased the audience of in India and throughout the world.
- According to reports by Statista, 63% of Millennials regularly watch live streaming content and are the largest group of consumers of modern live content. Apart from the viewership, they are also the biggest creators of those live videos.
- According to reposts by Conviva, Live video content earns 27% more minutes of watch time. It is nearly 6 more minutes when comparing live video and video on demand.
- As per Facebook, the daily watch time has grown four folds for Facebook Live broadcasts over the course of a year.
- According to Livestream, 67% of viewers opine that video quality is the most crucial factor when watching a live stream.
- According to Livestream, 80% of online consumers prefer watching a live video over reading content online.
The numbers are going in favor of live streaming services since people are liking them more. There is great potential in the platform to bring benefits to the live video content business world. The growth will be mesmerizing in the near future since technology is making its mark. All the developments in the technology and the versatility of the content available on the live streaming will surely attract more viewers on its way.